Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Inspiring Day

This was a fun and inspiring day.  I spent the morning with a great group of ladies in Smyrna, GA at the Georgia Friendship Quilt Guild meeting.  First, let me say, they do some beautiful work.  I thoroughly enjoyed their "show and tell" where members brought some awesome quilts to share.  Then, it was my turn to show my art quilts to them.  Sometimes people who do mostly traditional quilting are a little put-off by the kind of work I do.  There was none of that today.  Everyone was so receptive and enthusiastic. 

It's always a treat to hear the oohs and aahs, and I love to answer questions about my work and get the feedback from a group of fellow quilters.  I hope I inspired just one to try her hand at art quilting.

I also got some exciting news via e-mail.  I had responded to a "call for entries" at Machine Quilting Unlimited Magazine.  They are doing an article on quilts depicting mountains, so I sent photos of "Smoky Mountain High" to see if they'd be interested in including it.  Even though it doesn't depict a mountain, it is a mountain stream.  I got word from them that they do want to include it in their article, so I'm doing a happy dance.  I can't wait to see it in the pages of a real magazine--too cool.

I've decided to do some editing to my most recent piece--"Black Hills September"--that I posted here last week.  I knew there was something not quite right about it, so I took it to show my good friend,Linda, because she has a great eye and she's always totally honest with me--she calls it like she sees it.  Friends like that are rare and to be treasured.  Now I just have to do some tweaking.  When I'm done, I'll post another photo and see if you can see the difference.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.  Talk to you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment