Sunday, May 27, 2012

Changes

I can't seem to stop making changes to the format here.  I'm still not completely satisfied, so you can expect even more different looks.  But, it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind. 

I wanted to alert everyone to an event coming up next Friday, June 1st, 2012.  I recently donated 3 pieces to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI).  The website is www.alzquilts.org.  Art quilters from all over the world donate their work (nothing larger than 9 x 12 ") to be either sold or auctioned to raise money for Alzheimer's research.  Since 2006, they have raised $722,000.  One of the ladies in my art quilt group (Art Tarts) coordinated our donations and took care of all the logistics of collecting the pieces and getting them to the right place.  Thanks, Edmae. 

One of my pieces, "Reminders of You", above, has already sold (woohoo!) and another is currently for sale (#9810).  The really cool thing is that the third piece was chosen to be included in this month's auction.  The auction opens on June 1st, so I encourage everyone to visit the site and either buy a piece from the group for sale or bid on one in the auction.  It doesn't have to be mine--there are lots of great works to choose from and it's for a great cause.  Look around the site.  I'm sure you'll be impressed.


No comments:

Post a Comment