Saturday, October 13, 2012

Ga National Fair Results

After my wipeout at the Asheville Quilt Show, it was nice to go to Perry, GA last week and see the results of the Fine Art and Quilt Competitions. 

My "Where the Pavement Ends" won 1st, "Black Hills September" won 2nd and "Top Gun" received an Award of Merit in the Fine Art show. 

The quilt I recently finished for my bed, "Perseverance", aka, "The Quilt From Hell" won a 1st place and an Award of Excellence for Best Piecing.  I was very pleased.

Next week is the Georgia Quilt Show.  I have one piece entered.  I'm really looking forward to it, as I've arranged to meet my daughter for lunch and the show.  She's never been to a quilt show, so I think it'll be fun to see her reaction to all the wonderful quilts.  My entry into the show is my portrait of her youngest daughter, Sarah (Cowgirls Just Wanna Have Fun).  Then, there's a regional SAQA meeting where I'll have an opportunity to meet other art quilters from GA and SC.

I'm currently working on a Quilt of Valor.  It's pieced and ready for quilting, so I will get busy on that next week.   

No comments:

Post a Comment